ERN-Apulia2 targets to continue bringing Apulian population closer to the research and viceversa. Apulia is an Italian region with about 4.1 million inhabitants and 4 public universities having a total of about 2800 permanent researchers in addition to those in Public and Private Research Institutions. The large capacity of beneficiaries was already demonstrated in the past EU-funded project for 2018 and 2019 Nights.
ERN-Apulia2 further enlarged the network of partners in order to overpass its previous achievements. Main objectives are:
- to implement preparatory events and the 2020 ERN, with particular attention to students, industrial and professional organizations, municipalities and public administrations, already actively involved in the past editions;
- to increase public awareness and recognition of the importance and impact of research in daily life, with specific examples from ICT to health and life sciences, from elementary particle to the preservation of cultural heritage, etc with a special emphasis on sustainability for the 2020 edition;
- to stimulate curiosity and interest and explain the fascinating world and the opportunities in research, especially to the youngest as a mean to encourage them to embark scientific careers;
- to establish a tight connection among population/institutions and researcher to continue during the year;
- to prepare and publicize dissemination materials along with scientific games and site visits (including laboratories and sites of cultural interest) to be available during the whole year for the general public;
- to explain the spirit and opportunities of the European Research Area, the H2020 agenda, the Marie SkłodowskaCurie actions and the principles of “The European Charter for Researchers”;
- to reach a number of followers close to 200,000, a number of participants larger than 100,000 (among all the various initiatives) and a number of participants to the ERN larger than 50,000.